Sunway was founded by the Wong's Family in the early 80's and is listed on the main board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited and the main board of The Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited. The Group operates six well-built production plants in Fujian Province, the PRC with workers nearly 20,000 and has established extensive distribution channels spreading throughout major provinces in the PRC. The Group has now become one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of consumer electronic products and electronic components and parts in Hong Kong and the PRC.
The consumer electronic products manufactured by the Group cover electronic calculators, electronic watches & clocks, fax machines and personal data assistants. Major electronic components manufactured by the Group include quartz crystals ranged from low to high frequency, liquid crystal displays ranged from TN to STN, printed circuit boards and watch movements. The Group is also a major supplier of Russian-made integrated circuits.
Sunway's mission has been to achieve steady growth rates through a strategy of business expansion. At the core of this strategy is a focus on research and development ("R&D") that enables the Group to capture market needs by possessing better insight of product trend and making timely releases of new models with innovative designs. Up to date, the Group has different product design teams of about 150 R&D specialists. The Group has maintained close working relationships with customers through its dedication to quality assurance, flexible designs and timely delivery. Currently, the Group has established a broad customer base of over 1,500 active customers in both local and oversea markets.
Sunway has been reputed for its value-for-money products. This is accomplished through economies of scale production, innovative and high efficient production process, solid engineering and design capabilities, specialized and highly coordinated management teams.
The way ahead holds great promise for Sunway. In the coming years, Sunway will keep offering value-for-money and good quality products which will meet the ever changing demands of the customers everywhere.
Sunway has great confidence for its future development and will be well-prepared to capitalize the emerging business opportunities that are going to bring forward from China's accession to the World Trade Organization and the ever improvements of living standards in the PRC. The "Go West" policy will provide additional impetus for Sunway's business expansion in the western and northern provinces in the PRC where the Group laid good foundations a few years ago.
1. One of the largest, state of the art production facility of Liquid Crystal Display capable of producing STN / TN type LCD cells with a monthly production capacity of 300,000 sets of 14 by 16 ITO glass.
2. The largest quartz crystal production facility covering a wide spectrum of frequencies with a monthly production capacity of 70 million units.
3. One of the largest COB (Chip On Board) production facility in China with 5 sets of ASM892 auto die attached machines: 30 sets of ASM530, 80 sets of ASM520 and over 150 sets of ASM510 wire bonding machines.
4. COG (Chip On Glass) production facilities equipped with Murakami / ASM production facilities with a monthly production capacity of 1 million TFT / CSTN display modules.
5. 13 fully automated SMT (Surface Mount Technology) equipped with Panasonic / Juki pick and placed / IR reflow lines.
6. Light guide (LCD display back light) production facility with a monthly production capacity of 1 million units.
7. PCB (Printed Circuit Board) production facilities capable of producing SS(single sided) / DS (Double sided) FR4 printed circuit boards and SS / DS FPC (Flexible Printed Circuit).